Okay, a little disclaimer, I don’t technically live alone. Of course, there is a little Mini Me running around this household, however having lived with flatmates, boyfriends and parents I can tell you it pretty much is still very much like living alone (apart from all the great Mini cuddles I get.)
Living alone can be great, but it can also be super lonely and sometimes scary – mostly when I am lay in bed at night and hear a funny noise! Sometimes, when I’m washing up for the fourth time in two days, I have to remind myself of all the pros of living alone.
THE PROS LIST
– Washing up. I never have to wash up after anyone but myself. (And Mini.)
– No one there to judge me for doing nothing all day, and no comments such as “Are you going to get out of your pyjamas today?”.
– Take as long as I want in the bath/shower! I don’t have to get out for someone to take a pi** or because anyone is complaining at my water usage!
– ALL THE BANDWIDTH. When I lived with my Mom I had to share the internet with my brother, sister and Mom. Did I mention my brother has an Xbox, laptop and phone…aka very slow internet.
– I can decorate however I want. If I wanted red walls this week and black next week there is no one to stop me! (If that was really the case though I really think someone should stop me…)
– Kingsize bed to myself. Starfishing every night!
– Take as long as I like to get ready without any judgemental faces, moaning or complaining. (Okay, maybe moaning from Mini.)
– I don’t have to clean to someone else’s standards. If I don’t have the energy to vacuum today, I won’t judge me. If I leave my towel on by bathroom floor overnight, I won’t yell at me.
– Toilet seat is NEVER up.
– I can watch whatever I like on TV. I don’t ever have to watch football or Homes Under The Hammer.
– I can play music, and sing along, as LOUD as I like!
– I can eat whatever I like. Mini Me can’t tell me not to have pizza four times a week, she isn’t the adult here 😉
– No one snoring! I can go to bed whenever I want, and don’t have to go to bed early to make sure I am asleep before a snorer! Peaceful, peaceful sleep.