**Disclaimer: I obviously don’t technically live alone, however having lived with flatmates, boyfriends and parents I can tell you that living with Mini is pretty much like living alone (apart from all the great Mini cuddles I get.)**
Living alone is great, don’t get me wrong (If you don’t believe me, go and check out my last post about it), but there are nights when I lay in bed and wish that I didn’t leave alone at all – mostly after hearing knocking from next door. I love not having to live by anyone else’s rules any more, but if you are thinking of moving out…here are a few cons.
THE CONS LIST
– Washing up. I have to do all of the washing up. Fair enough it’s my own stuff, but I never get a break from it. Maybe there really is something to that paper plates thing…
– No conversation. I mean I can talk to Mini, but her replies very rarely fall into the correct context. “Mini, I think we need to go food shopping today”..”Nanan. Ta-da!”
– I end up in my pyjamas a lot, which is fine until you have to open your door to anyone.
– No one for second opinions. If I’m not sure of my outfits there is no one to reassure me, and there is no one to throw away/burn that pink top that I should really never wear.
– No one to help decorate. Sure, I have full control over the colour, but I also have to buy the paint, and roller it on myself. Gone are the days of bank of Mom.
– No more Mom’s Launderette either. Nothing ends up magically folded on my bed, I have to wash and hang everything myself. I miss having a tumble-dryer too, who knew those things were so expensive.
– I have to remember when to put the bins out, and which bin goes out which week.
– Cleaning the toilet. I have to do that all the time now. I didn’t know lime scale was such an issue.
– I basically have to do all of the chores, actually. Cleaning out the fridge – Me. Cleaning the oven – Me. Ironing – Me. Dusting – Me. Me. Me. Me.
– I have to pay for all the bill too. BOOOOOO!
– I have to prepare and cook all of my own meals. This means I’m getting a lot fatter, both because take away is easy, and there is no one to tell me no or cook me something else!
– The worst thing of all – there is no one to save me! At night there is a lot of noises, and I have worked out that pretty much all of them are just next door walking up and down their own stairs, but I get freaked out a lot! And there is no one to go and check that there are no axe murders or burglars in my house, I have to do that myself! – Cut to me slowly walking into all rooms with my fists up ready and quickly turning the light on (As if I could do anything if there was anyone there… I have zero upper body strength.)