I’m starting a diet today…AGAIN. (Yes, I know!) I am one of those girls that tells themselves a thousand times a month that she will diet, and then at the end of the month I will look back and count all the weight that I could have lost but didn’t! I usually start of by saying things like –
– I will start my new diet tomorrow! Tomorrow is the day!
– Diet today! New diet, new day, new me!
– I can basically feel the fat dripping off me already! 20 minute workout and look at all that sweat! I can totally do this.
– I’m super hungry now, but that’s okay! That’s just my body adjusting!
Then by day two, it’s a little more like..
– I feel 4 pounds lighter already, OMG! Let’s just go weigh ourselves!
– OK, only half a pound lost. But that’s OK, half a pound is half a pound. IT ALL ADDS UP!
– Let’s just do another work out, I felt so good after yesterdays one.
– Oh god, my legs have turned to jelly. I literally can’t stand.
– My god my stomach hurts. Why is my stomach hurting?
– OK, handy DR.Google says that I’m not dying, I’ve just pulled my stomach muscles.
– Oh no, I forgot I had those chocolate biscuits still in the cupboard. Well, I can’t start a diet with those in the house…I’ll just eat them and start a fresh tomorrow.
Then the cycle will start all over again. Sometimes I will go a little longer than two days. Sometimes it will go weeks and when I’m around friends I will start saying…
– You know there’s this awesome workout that I do, I can do it with you if you like? (AKA Please do this with me.)
– I’m trying to diet, so I can’t really eat at Wetherspoons. How about we just go to Greggs and grab a sandwich or something?
– Well, there’s only like 290 calories in a sausage roll, right? That’s actually less calories than I should be having for lunch.
– I should just eat what I want and count the calories.
– How many calories are in them cookies?
– Have you got MyFitnessPal?
– I should be dieting today, but I feel bad sat here not eating when you are.
My workouts also start to slip, because I can usually rationalise myself out of doing them.
– I need to have a rest day. I can’t do it every day.
– I don’t really want to build muscle at this stage, I just want to burn fat. (I’m aware that’s not how that works.)
– I did a LOT of walking today, so that’s already a lot of cardio.
– I still ache from doing it three days ago. My body clearly can’t handle it. Plus, its 70% diet and only 30% exercise.